Some injuries are more visible than others. However, a case of whiplash can be far more painful than a scraped knee. If you are going to file a personal injury claim in Connecticut, make sure you are fully prepared for the legal process.
Follow these tips to help strengthen your claim:
Collect information about the accident
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident
- Include traffic signs and lights, if applicable
- Take pictures of any damage to your property
- Ensure that photos taken at the scene are clear
- Collect names and contact information from witnesses
- Take detailed notes of your recollection of the events of the accident
Record information about your injuries and recovery
- If applicable, take pictures of your injuries
- Take notes on your injuries and the treatment you receive for them
- Save copies of all of your medical bills and receipts
- Examples may be prescription medications, assistive devices and co-payments
- Track your travel expense for medical appointments
If you are involved in an accident, seek medical attention immediately. A personal injury claim can be filed in Connecticut up to two years from the date you received the injury.
To learn more about how you can prepare the best defense for your claim, contact a personal injury attorney.
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment